The following is taken from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department commander's recap for the Santa Ynez Valley patrol.

Those appearing as "arrested" have only been arrested on suspicion of the crime indicated and are presumed innocent.

Sunday, Feb. 25:

INCIDENT — After deputies stopped a woman’s vehicle for multiple traffic infractions on Highway 154 at Armour Ranch Road about 12:45 a.m., they allegedly discovered she was driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license.

She was issued a citation and released, but her car was impounded.

ARREST — While deputies were on a foot patrol at the Chumash Casino Resort, one of them recognized a man walking out of the casino toward the parking structure.

The deputy knew a no-bail felony arrest warrant had been issued for the man, identified as Nathaniel Hays, so he was taken into custody. After the warrant was confirmed, Hays was booked into Santa Barbara County Jail.

Thursday, March 1:

INCIDENT — About 5:30 p.m., a park ranger spotted three men spray-painting facilities at Hans Christian Andersen Park at the far south end past the tennis courts and called deputies.

The three men all allegedly confessed to painting graffiti, were issued citations for suspicion of vandalism and were released.

Saturday, March 3:

ARREST — When a deputy stopped a vehicle in the 800 block of North Refugio Road in Santa Ynez for a missing license plate about 9:50 a.m., he discovered driver James Skippon was on parole from the California Department of Corrections.

A search of Skippon’s vehicle allegedly revealed hypodermic syringes and drug residue, and a subsequent search of his home uncovered a crack pipe.

Skippon was held for a violation of parole and was booked on suspicion of possessing paraphernalia for injecting and smoking controlled substances.

ARREST — Two men appeared to be fighting about 11:30 p.m. at the intersection of Copenhagen Drive and Alisal Road in Solvang, but a deputy who attempted to break it up discovered the pair were not fighting after all.

Edward Kim and friend Harmon Huynh, who were visiting from Los Angeles, apparently consumed too much wine and were falling over each other, causing it to appear they were fighting.

The deputy discovered a warrant had been issued in Los Angeles for Huynh’s arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol, and he was taken into custody. Kim was allegedly found to be too intoxicated to care for himself or others and was arrested on suspicion of being drunk in public.


Load comments