Solvang City Council has scheduled a workshop next week to receive public input as the council prepares to update its goals and vision.
The workshop is set for 6:30 p.m. Monday, May 8, in the City Council Chambers at 1644 Oak St.
Residents, property owners and business owners are encouraged to come and share their vision for the city of Solvang, said City Manager Brad Vidro.
The City Council’s current goals are to:
• Work toward water independence;
• Improve traffic circulation;
• Enhance the profitability and desirability of the tourist-related commercial zone and economic development;
• Improve parks and recreation;
• Maintain and improve intergovernmental and interagency relations;
• Maintain the emergency operations plan;
• Support the tourism industry;
• Enhance the quality of life;
• Maintain a quality staff;
• Evaluate capital needs; and,
• Manage future growth.
For more information, call Solvang City Hall at 688-5575.