Solvang Music in the Park has returned and will feature weekly family-friendly concerts from 5 to 8 p.m. every Wednesday at the Solvang Park gazebo, located at the corner of Mission Drive and First Street.
Attendees are invited to bring lawn chairs, picnic blankets, and family and friends.
The schedule is as follows:
- June 30: Livewire, local rock party band
- July 7: Cuesta Ridge, lively country
- July 14: Sean Wiggins originals and covers: Janis, Adel, Guns N' Roses, Aretha, Garth Brooks
- July 21: Noach Tangeras, alternate country
- July 28: Ghost Monster, '50s to contemporary, classic country, some originals
- Aug. 4: The Mother Corn Shuckers, seven-piece band, lively Americana and bluegrass
- Aug. 11: Sound Investment Fun, six-piece dance band, Etta James, Bruno Mars
- Aug. 18: Cadillac Angels, American Heartland music
- Aug. 25: Low Down Dudes, Classic rock 'n' roll dance band
Solvang is back in business with removal of mask mandates, expansion of vaccinations and the state’s reopening. On deck: Juneteenth, Music in the Park, Independence Day Parade and Fall Festival.
Starting Monday, free summer meals will be provided to youths age 18 and younger at nearly 50 locations in Santa Barbara County. No registration and no paperwork are required for students to pick up healthy grab-and-go meals, organizers said.
The mural was designed by local artists Suzi Matthies and Barbara Young as a gesture of appreciation to those donors who have supported the ongoing “Imagine – Building the Future” capital campaign. It will be on display at the theater until the groundbreaking in September.