1/26/2021- PHD is reporting eight deaths today. Seven of the individuals were 70+ years of age and one was 50-69 years of age. Seven individuals had underlying health conditions and two were associated with outbreaks at congregate care facilities.
Geographical location of residence include:
City of Santa Barbara- 2
Unincorporated area of Goleta- 1
City of Lompoc- 1
City of Santa Maria- 4
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 256
- Hospitalizations: 192 (51 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 26,324
- Recovered: 23,990
- Deaths: 271
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 9,475
- Recovered: 8,791
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 1,461
- Recovered: 1,354
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 798
- Recovered: 718
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 2,823
- Recovered: 2,599
- Total tests performed in county: 404,413
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, January 26, 2020.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.
In this Series
- 12 updates
Concerned about COVID-19?
Sign up now to get the most recent coronavirus headlines and other important local and national news sent to your email inbox daily.