09/15/2021 - There are two deaths to report today
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 117
- Hospitalizations: 54 (16 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 39,856
- Recovered: 38,761
- Active Cases in County: 608 (+21)
- Deaths: 487
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 13,483 (+48)
- Recovered: 13,102
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 2,438 (+5)
- Recovered: 2,357
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 1,372 (+5)
- Recovered: 1,332
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 4,838 (+18)
- Recovered: 4,676
- Total tests performed in county: 800,808
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, Sep 15, 2021.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.