09/24/2021 - There are no deaths to report today
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 87
- Hospitalizations: 49 (14 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 40,565
- Recovered: 39,656
- Active Cases in County: 414 (-15)
- Deaths: 495
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 13,751 (+44)
- Recovered: 13,422
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 2,510 (+7)
- Recovered: 2,445
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 1,390 (+2)
- Recovered: 1,356
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 4,931 (+3)
- Recovered: 4,819
- Total tests performed in county: 826,418
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, Sep 24, 2021.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.