01/20/2022 - There are two deaths to report today
Deaths are reported when a death certificate is processed listing COVID-19 as a cause or a significant condition. The process can take several days and up to 2 months to finalize if pending Coroner verification.
- Additional daily cases: 982
- Hospitalizations: 150 (14 ICU)
- Total cases among Santa Barbara County residents: 68,214
- Recovered: 61,502
- Active Cases in County: 6,154 (-436)
- Deaths: 580
- Total cases among Santa Maria residents: 19,943 (+224)
- Recovered: 18,448
- Total cases among Orcutt residents: 4,334 (+44)
- Recovered: 3,966
- Total cases among Santa Ynez Valley residents: 2,615 (+19)
- Recovered: 2,337
- Total cases among Lompoc residents: 8,527 (+253)
- Recovered: 7,425
- Total tests performed in county: 1,199,445
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, Jan 20, 2022.
Figures for total cases, recovered and deaths in the county do not include those of the Federal Penitentiary in Lompoc.