The following is taken from the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department commander's recap for the Santa Ynez Valley patrol. Those appearing as "arrested" have only been arrested on suspicion of the crime indicated and are presumed innocent.

Sunday, March 11:

ARREST — When deputies stopped a 1997 Jeep Cherokee for having a light out about 4:30 p.m. at Via Juana Road and Cabrillo Lane in Santa Ynez, driver Michelle Spray allegedly gave a false name because she had a suspended driver’s license and warrants out for her arrest.

She was subsequently arrested and booked on the warrants.

Tuesday, March 13:

INCIDENT — A gray Dodge Grand Caravan that was blocking a driveway in the 200 block of Alisal Road in Solvang was towed away about 7:10 a.m.

Thursday, March 15:

ARREST — Security officers at the Chumash Casino Resort detained Douglas Ferrence for trespassing about 3:10 p.m. and learned a no-bail warrant had been issued for his arrest.

A deputy searched Ferrence and his vehicle in the parking structure under terms of his probation but found nothing of evidentiary value, but he was arrested and booked on the warrant.

ARREST — A deputy stopped a vehicle for having only one working headlight about 11:15 p.m. at Highway 246 and Via Juana Road in Santa Ynez and discovered driver Sheldon Andrew’s driver’s license was suspended and three warrants had been issued for his arrest.

During a search, the deputy allegedly found a bindle of cocaine in the coin pocket of Andrew’s jeans, three additional bindles of cocaine inside an opened pack of cigarettes under the driver’s seat and two .22-caliber hollow-point cartridges in his backpack.

Andrew was booked into Santa Barbara County Jail on the warrants and suspicion of possessing a controlled substance, being a convicted felon in possession of ammunition and driving on a suspended license.

Friday, March 16:

ARREST — A Los Angeles man disturbing the peace and refusing to leave brought deputies to the Chumash Casino Resort about 9:35 p.m.

When deputies attempted to handcuff Hector Cruz, he allegedly struggled and lightly bit the wrist of one of them. Deputies determined he was intoxicated an unable to care for himself, so he was arrested on suspicion of battery, disturbing the peace, trespassing and public intoxication.

ARREST — During a traffic stop about 8:15 a.m. in the 900 block of Edison Street in Santa Ynez, deputies found Peter Peretiako was driving on a suspended license with open alcoholic containers in the car.

A subsequent search allegedly turned up two methamphetamine pipes inside the car.

After Peretiako and passenger Anastasia Bizieff were arrested, Bizierff allegedly admitted Peretiako had given her methamphetamine to hide as they were being pulled over and she had concealed it in her underwear.

Peretiako was arrested on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and both were arrested on suspicion of possessing a controlled substance and possessing smoking paraphernalia.

Saturday, March 17:

ARREST — When deputies contacted Jose Rodriguez inside his vehicle in the Park and Ride lot on Highway 246 in Santa Ynez about 2:15 a.m., they determined he was allegedly under the influence of a central nervous system stimulant and in possession of a methamphetamine pipe.

He was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance and possession of smoking paraphernalia and booked into Lompoc Jail.

ARREST — About 11:30 p.m., Randy Dufresne called 911 to complain his wife had texted him a threat to beat him up again, and he said he was afraid.

Deputies went to the Royal Copenhagen Inn, where they found him walking around looking for his wife, but when he spotted deputies, he allegedly ran into his room and slammed the door.

After deputies warned him about being drunk and disorderly, he apparently thought he was in the clear and came out of the room. He was arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and, after passively resisting arrest multiple times in the patrol car and at the jail, he was booked.

While in his cell, a deputy answered a call on Dufresne’s cell phone from his wife and confirmed she was OK, but she allegedly refused to provide any additional information.


Load comments